Coating Systems partners with many manufacturers as a certified applicator of next-generation wet & dry powder coatings. One would almost need a materials science degree to understand how these sophisticated hydrocarbons and fluoropolymer coatings work, but there’s no need for that because that’s what we’re here for. Here at Coating Systems Inc., we put our products through rigorous tests both in real world and laboratory environments to prove their efficacy. With that said, we have the knowledge to select and apply the perfect coating to meet your specific needs. If you’re in need of the best fluoropolymer manufactured to use for everything from offshore hardware to farm irrigation, we have a solution for you.
Coating Systems & Whitford Corp. Partners For Irrigation Seal Solutions
Using state-of-the-art equipment, we partner with Whitford coatings to offer the following services for whatever water/wastewater needs you may have:
- Any mating surfaces that need dry lubrication in high speed and/or low-pressure environments such as rotary actuators, valve balls, plugs stems, bearings.
- Fastener coating for extremely low or high temperatures.
- Temperature sensitive elastomers; plastics.
- Standard fastener coating.
- Threaded fasteners, springs, clips and stampings
- Used for food contact application requiring a dry film lubricant.
- Used when regulation will not allow solvent-borne coatings.
- Water heater elements, shuttle valves.
Top-grade Fluoropolymer, Xylan, Reduces Friction & Corrosion
Whatever your coating problem, we most likely have a product that will solve it. If not, we will work closely with you to develop the coating that will. Whitford Corporation offers the largest, most complete line of fluoropolymer coatings in the world. One of the amazing dry film coatings they’ve developed is called XYLAN. Xylan is generally used to reduce friction, improve wear resistance, or for non-stick applications i.e. non-stick cookware. Xylan coatings have also been used extensively in the automotive industry and for corrosion protection in the oil and gas industry. That being said, XYLAN comes in a variety of different forms all designed for specific purposes and circumstances.
The Benefits of Xylan
Xylan 1010 is still the most versatile, most dependable, most successful industrial fluoropolymer coating in the world.
- Description - High temperature resistant; low coefficient of friction; abrasion/wear resistant; easy clean; dry film lubricant; thermoset; wide use temperature; anti-galling.
- Typical Application - Any mating surfaces that need dry lubrication in high speed and/or low-pressure environments such as rotary actuators, valve balls, plugs stems, bearings.
Xylan 1014 is a fastener class coating that contains significantly more bonding resin relative to its content of PTFE lubricant, compared to Xylan 1010.
- Description - Altering the formula in this manner produces finishes which are harder, more abrasion-resistant, glossier, and less porous. Frictional values remain low and very predictable.
- Typical Application - Fastener coating for extremely low or high temperatures
- Description - Low-cure, VOC compliant coating formulated for application by a conventional spray or dip spin coating technique. Provides good adhesion, excellent lubricity, and moderate chemical resistance.
- Typical Application - Temperature sensitive elastomers; plastics.
- Description - Fastener-class coating material that is a waterborne/VOC-compliant, resin-bonded, thermally cured, single-film, dry lubricant. It is primarily formulated for use on fasteners to prevent corrosion and facilitate make-up torque.
- Typical Application - Standard fastener coating.
Xylan Experiment Proves Its Efficacy
Watching paint rust might not sound like the most fun way to spend your time, but that’s exactly what Whitford Coating has been doing. Whitford installed a number of panels on the pier of the European Marine Energy Centre to be trial tested for their performance in the areas of corrosion inhibition over long periods of time. One of these plates and bolts, coated with Xylan, is still in pristine condition after two years. There is only so much you can do in a laboratory environment where you accelerate these tests, but there’s really nothing like the true life environment to prove to people these products do what they claim.
Why Choose Coating Systems For Your Industrial Needs?
Coating Systems has developed a sterling reputation in the industry for offering speedy turnaround time and superior value on high quality, durable products. With over 40 years of experience, we take pride in building synergistic partnerships with our manufacturers and clients. We also offer engineering service and consultation before the start of the project! Contact us or fill out a form to request a quote or free samples!